Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Mission of The Distinguished Dog

I decided to start writing this blog after reading pet questions that people ask on Yahoo! Answers. It is almost incomprehensible to me how ignorant some people are when it comes to caring for a dog. First of all, let me say that DOGS ARE NOT DISPOSABLE! People need to understand that when you get a dog, it is for life. You are committed to taking care of this animal the same way you are committed to taking care of your children. If you are not prepared to do this, then don’t get a dog. Getting a dog is not like buying something at Wal Mart. You can’t just decide that you don't like it after all, and return it. If you are going to have a dog, you should be ready and willing to take care of this animal in every way. If you can’t afford proper health care or do not want to pay for proper health care, then don’t get a dog.
A dog is one of God’s creatures. This animal is trusting you to feed him, shelter him, care for him, love him, play with him, and train him. I don’t have any tolerance for people who mistreat their dogs or any other animal, for that matter. I find it hard to believe that there isn’t something inherently wrong with someone who abuses animals.
That being said, I am not perfect. Have I made mistakes with my dogs? Of course. Are my dogs the most well trained dogs in the world? No they are not, but they are very well cared for and well loved. Most people would consider my dogs to be spoiled by any standard. I do not have human children, but Weylin and Maggie are my children and I take care of them to the best of my ability.
I will be writing blog entries about different topics, but many of the entries will have to do with canine health and nutrition. I am not an expert, I am merely expressing my opinions based upon research that I have done over the last five years. Where applicable, I will provide sources for my information. Occasionally Weylin or Maggie might have something to add. It’s always good to have a dog’s point of view

No comments: